numerate london links
back to homepage
• Seventeen London boroughs lie alongside the River Thames, from Hounslow and Richmond in the west to Bexley and Havering in the east.
• The longest continuous tunnel on the Underground is 17.3 miles long between Morden and East Finchley on the Northern line.
• 17% of all the workplaces in the UK are in London.
• Seventeen different nightbuses terminate in Trafalgar Square.
• The pop group East 17 were named after the postcode of the area of London from which they originate - Walthamstow.
• Seventeen mosaics at Leytonstone tube station commemorate the films of Alfred Hitchcock, who was born just down the road at 517 High Road.
• Bus route 17 runs from London Bridge to Archway.